Skip to main content

A day in Spotlight!

It has been a LOOOOONG, but fun filled weekend. It was Spotlight on Ice 2016, and Olivia was a Lost Boy in Peter Pan! To say that we are tired (especially little miss)  would be an understatement.....We are EXHAUSTED!!

But it was so worth it.

At first, I will admit, that we were a little reluctant, due to everything going on, and our family getting so sick during practice times, but all in all it was worth it. Olivia had a great time, and we were able to see some GREAT skaters (seriously SFSC has some of the best ice skaters around) in numbers like Cinderella, Peter Pan, and Calamity Jane, to name a few!

We didn't take that many pictures, as my husband was backstage and I was going back and forth with Olivia to get her on and off the ice at the right time.  But we did snap a few, and thankfully our friends snapped some photos as well :)





Olivia was especially excited to get a picture with the guest skater Ryan Bradley!! 


Olivia as a lost boy in Peter Pan








Olivia as a lost boy

Not the best picture, but Cinderellas Coach was AWESOME!!

Cutest miners ever!

Erin Hart as Mrs. Darling in Peter Pan...She did a wonderful job!


Me and my goofball hanging out before todays show


Olivia with the flowers her Daddy got for her :)

My hubby backstage, hanging out with the horses from Calamity Jane

Love this girl:)

Opening number

Peter Pan


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Having to say Goodbye

Saying good bye to someone is never easy, especially if you know that it may be the Last time you may ever see them, hug them, whisper that you Love them. You want to hold on to them forever and never let go......and then you have to leave...with that doubt in your mind, the whispered lies floating through your mind, taking root, that you were not there enough, that you didn't hug, kiss, or say you loved them enough. It's enough to crush you...enough to make you want to hide away from everyone.....even yourself. This is where we are...my Beautiful Mom is on hospice..and I am trying to wrap my head around that word.. Hospice......such a scary word....its  the knowledge that the end is near, but never knowing when that final day will come.  The past few months we have been making every opportunity to be with her, we knew this was coming, and we were going to make as many memories with her as we could, but there will always be more memories we want to share with her. ...

Bread Baking Adventure

Lets talk about bread...... I have a love/hate relationship with the stuff. I LOVE the taste of it, but I HATE what it does to me. Lately I have been on a search for healthier foods for me and my family, and since my daughter has a milk allergy, I have focusing most of my searches around what she needs the most ( or in this case what she cant have- milk based products) I have come up with a few great milk-less recipes that we love, like this Milk-less Pancake Recipe  and this awesome milk-less Muffin base that we use all the time. I love mixing up the add-in ingredients to make different muffins that my daughter can enjoy. In an attempt to know what we are putting in to our bodies, I have started making most of our snacks/meals from scratch...and while it takes a little more time and effort, I think it is worth it in the long run. I LOVE to bake, but I am not that great of a bread maker...I don't even own a bread machine! I can make pumpkin bread and sweet breads.......

For Better or For Worse

In just a few short days I will have been married to my best friend for 17 years!! The last 17 years have flown past us, and I find myself drifting back and reminiscing about our life together. This man, that I have given my heart to, that I look up to, that leads our family, that LOVES me for who I am....he is mine. For better or for worse :) A brief summary of our life together just so you can know how awesome he is. On our 1st date, I collapsed and wound up at the ER with Meningitis. He stayed with me in the ER and then came over EVER day to read to me (This is when I fell in love with him). When I wound up dehydrated and had to go get fluids, he went with me! When I freaked out because  they needed to take more blood, he held my hand (pretty sure I broke some fingers...I am TERRIFIED of needles) He stuck with me. When we got engaged and I turned into a bridezilla...Ok maybe not that bad, but I was super stressed, he just said: "whatever you want." He stuck w...