Skip to main content

Hardest Question Ever




Why?

This has been the question that I have been struggling with for the last few weeks.

Why us?

Why again?

Why would you allow us to walk through this again, so soon.

WHY...Why....why...

every night, I lay in bed, the house dark and silent, and ask this question over and over again.

and every night I drift off to sleep without an answer.

or at least, not the answer I want to hear.

My mother gave me a scripture that someone gave her...not going to lie I was expecting a "pick up your bed and walk" kind of scripture.

Instead I opened her very loved bible to Hebrews 10:35 and read.

"Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward"

I looked up in to my moms smiling face and wanted to cry.

This scripture said nothing of healing!! 

My Mom just smiled and said "Its not about my healing, its about my reward, and what I have to look forward to."

I hope that one day I can have her Peace. The peace that says its all going to be OK, no matter what the outcome. The peace that covers you, when you need it the most. The Peace that gives you REST.
 
I have woken up to a painful memory that I never wanted to revisit. I am worn, tired, weak, and my heart is hurting.

Seeing someone I love going through this again....I don't believe the saying " God never gives you more then you can handle"  I think that we are given so much more then our hearts can handle, and it breaks us. it shatters our hearts, so that we can be put back together, stronger and better by Him. 

My heart was mending, and now I find It being broken again, I look at my family, and through  the smiles, I see tears in their eyes, hear the sobs being held back, and the smile that wavers just enough, for me to know that they are struggling, just like me.  

It will be hard, there will be tears and we will feel overwhelmed and defeated, but we will also be mended. 

Not today, or tomorrow, maybe not for along time, but our hearts will be mended.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zulKcYItKIA















 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Having to say Goodbye

Saying good bye to someone is never easy, especially if you know that it may be the Last time you may ever see them, hug them, whisper that you Love them. You want to hold on to them forever and never let go......and then you have to leave...with that doubt in your mind, the whispered lies floating through your mind, taking root, that you were not there enough, that you didn't hug, kiss, or say you loved them enough. It's enough to crush you...enough to make you want to hide away from everyone.....even yourself. This is where we are...my Beautiful Mom is on hospice..and I am trying to wrap my head around that word.. Hospice......such a scary word....its  the knowledge that the end is near, but never knowing when that final day will come.  The past few months we have been making every opportunity to be with her, we knew this was coming, and we were going to make as many memories with her as we could, but there will always be more memories we want to share with her. W

Our Mini Vacation in Pictures

Last weekend, my family and I packed up our car and after stopping to get our nieces, we headed to Branson, for a back-to-school mini vacay! We decided to celebrate the start of another homeschooling year, by going to an indoor water park called Grand Country! This is the 2nd time we have been there, and other then a few things that had changed since our previous trip ( we really missed the falling balloons at the fun spot party), it was just as great The following is our weekend in pictures/videos :) The girls loved the Water Park, and spent most of the time running back and forth between the slides and the lazy river (I liked the hot tub and lazy river the best). While I got sick 1/2 way through the weekend, I can honestly say that the trip was a success, and we will be returning there at the beginning of the year. We were in all need of a break from the car! I needed to visit the restroom and stretch my legs. The girls needed to dance and sing and get a little playtime in b

Sometimes showing love is as simple as...

A few ways you can show those around you how much you LOVE them!   Sometimes showing love is as simple as... calling a friend a quick hug in passing  holding your child's hand a few minutes longer  EXTRA tuck-ins at night time an encouraging text message  giving your last piece of candy away (yes, this just happened) a kiss listening to the same stories over and over again  choosing to smile and say yes when its the last thing you want to do making TIME in your day for others  sitting quietly with someone  saying a quick prayer for someone  being a bouncing board.   knowing when to give advice, and when to just listen to them  Put the phone down and look at your friend/family while talking  ask how they are doing  be supportive...no matter what! lighten their load  Showing someone you love them doesn't have to be HUGE all the time. The little things you do will show your family and friends how much they mean to you on a regular b