Skip to main content

How we do it....Homeschooling on a day when this mama is sick!


We left for vacation on Friday, I started getting sick on Saturday :( we opted to stay and finish out our mini vacation, and I am so glad we did. Check out how our trip went here!

Since we have been home though, I have been taking it easy, attempting to get better. I have been oiling up and taking OTC cough med's, and while I am starting to feel better, school this week has been a little unorthodox! but we got it done... and that is what matters the most :)

Monday we were technically still on vacation, and since I was sick in bed and Dallas was off of work, we let Olivia take the day off as well. We all spent the day relaxing and recouping from vacation (seriously am I the only one who needs to recoup after a relaxing vacation?).

Tuesday, I was still sick, but I crawled from my comfy bed and made it to the recliner in the living room. My little girl, who wanted another day off, was less then excited for school to start back up, but even homeschooler's need to stick to some kind of schedule ( at least these homeschooler's need to ). She brought all her school work to the couch, and while I sat next to her in the recliner she completed all her school work and was done in record time.

Usually we are at the table in the kitchen, working on her school work, but when you are sick and your child is not...ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Tuesday night I thought I was getting better and we would be back to normal schooling on Wednesday....however that was not to be. I slept in a little, and when I finaly got up, showered and got dressed into new jammies (when your sick, jammies are perfectly acceptable day clothes), I was ready to go back to bed. So we did what we did yesterday....We used our living room as a school room!

Olivia is finishing up her last subject for the day, other then her typing lesson, and then she will be done. It took a little longer to finish school work today, because we got a late start, but all in all it was a great school day for our family.

This is not the norm, and I am sure I will get tired of this "type' of schooling, but for now, while I am sick, I am OK with it!

 I  LOVE the flexibility that homeschooling gives us.

So that's it in a nutshell, how we home school while this mama is sick :) 


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Having to say Goodbye

Saying good bye to someone is never easy, especially if you know that it may be the Last time you may ever see them, hug them, whisper that you Love them. You want to hold on to them forever and never let go......and then you have to leave...with that doubt in your mind, the whispered lies floating through your mind, taking root, that you were not there enough, that you didn't hug, kiss, or say you loved them enough. It's enough to crush you...enough to make you want to hide away from everyone.....even yourself. This is where we are...my Beautiful Mom is on hospice..and I am trying to wrap my head around that word.. Hospice......such a scary word....its  the knowledge that the end is near, but never knowing when that final day will come.  The past few months we have been making every opportunity to be with her, we knew this was coming, and we were going to make as many memories with her as we could, but there will always be more memories we want to share with her. W

Our Mini Vacation in Pictures

Last weekend, my family and I packed up our car and after stopping to get our nieces, we headed to Branson, for a back-to-school mini vacay! We decided to celebrate the start of another homeschooling year, by going to an indoor water park called Grand Country! This is the 2nd time we have been there, and other then a few things that had changed since our previous trip ( we really missed the falling balloons at the fun spot party), it was just as great The following is our weekend in pictures/videos :) The girls loved the Water Park, and spent most of the time running back and forth between the slides and the lazy river (I liked the hot tub and lazy river the best). While I got sick 1/2 way through the weekend, I can honestly say that the trip was a success, and we will be returning there at the beginning of the year. We were in all need of a break from the car! I needed to visit the restroom and stretch my legs. The girls needed to dance and sing and get a little playtime in b

Snow....Snow...Snow

Snow.......Snow.......Snow...... Its nowhere to be found! Christmas is 8 days away and, while it is cold outside, it doesn't really feel like Christmas in the good old state of Ill. Every morning my 10 year old daughter runs to the front window to see if the snow has started to fall,and every morning she looks at me with a small frown and tells me its "Still not snowing." She is disappointed.....but only for a  few minutes....Soon she is running around the house making plans for the day, she is talking a mile a minute, and trying her best to get her tiny dog Diego, to sit still, so she can take him out for his morning walk. Its not long before her mind turns to all the things that she can do "When" it starts to snow. "Can we go sledding, and then stop for hot chocolate and donuts, like last time" "Can we have a snowball fight,mom"? "I love the snow, don't you love the snow,mom" "Do you think I can build a