Skip to main content

A Much Needed Day :)

Today has been one of those days...you know the kind that you know you will not easily forget. It was not a planned day at all, but when we decided to do one thing different in our schedule, the whole day was open to possibilities.

We got to bed kind of late (after 12am) last night, and after what seemed like 5 minutes, my alarm was chirping(gotta love the alarm tones on my phone)! it was 7:55am and I did NOT want to get up. and I knew if I didn't want to get up, that probably meant my 11 year old daughter didn't want to get up either.

I snuggled deeper under the covers as my hubby started getting ready for work, and called out to my daughter to come snuggle for a few minutes before we start the day! I have realized that if we do not have morning quiet/snuggle time EVERYDAY, then our day gets off to a rough start. She climbed into bed, telling me how she didn't think she had the energy to do school work today (wonder when she will realize that that argument is NEVER going to work on me), and we started talking about our day.
after 10 min I sent her off to get dressed and I "Slooooooooowly climbed out from under my covers. It was then that I got and idea....so I texted (yes you read that right) my daughter who was getting dressed in her room, across the hall from my room(yes I know I could have walked, but she LOVES getting text messages,  so every now and then I send her random texts, even if we are in the same house).

the text read....

"lets go to Mcdonalds to do your school work today"

Nothing life changing, just something we do every now and then to break up the  monotony of the school year.

I got back..."good idea" .....followed by the sounds of her getting dressed really fast. She was dressed and ready to go before I was even out of bed.

What I thought would be a fun time while we did school work turned in to a day of craziness, laughing and having a wonderful time with just me and my little girl.

She got through all her assignments in record time ( we did take a french fry break), and we decided to head to the newer Party City, where we had a blast trying on Halloween hats and masks. there were quite a few odd looks directed our way, but we couldn't stop laughing.

After we got home, we had a My Little Pony marathon and snuggled up on the couch and just vegged for awhile. It was heavenly!!

Olivia helped me with dinner and setting the table, and afterward we made cookies and icing and played a few games.

We ended our night, snuggling on the couch and reading a Thea Stilton Book.

Since this is a Wednesday night, we usually would have been at church, but tonight we needed to be home to talk to our landlord and becasue he works full time, we needed to work with his schedule. While I missed the fellowship with our church family and hearing the weekly bible study, I believe that God gave us the night that we needed.

As I sit here typing this, I am going over the events of the day, and I so needed a day like today! I needed to let loose and be crazy, to spend time with just me and Olivia, and to make memories that we will remember forever. I needed today to help me continue to heal. The closer we get to the holidays and the anniversary  of my parents deaths, I need days like today.

Its amazing how a simple action, something out of the ordinary,  can set into motion exactly what you need in your life.

Take every moment and live it to the fullest. We are not guaranteed tomorrow. Take each moment and turn it into something beautiful, something that will last long after we are gone.

Make a memory every day!

This is my goal in life....


To make memories every day, to live in the moment, to leave behind a small piece of me, so that when they look back on my life,  it makes them smile.















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Having to say Goodbye

Saying good bye to someone is never easy, especially if you know that it may be the Last time you may ever see them, hug them, whisper that you Love them. You want to hold on to them forever and never let go......and then you have to leave...with that doubt in your mind, the whispered lies floating through your mind, taking root, that you were not there enough, that you didn't hug, kiss, or say you loved them enough. It's enough to crush you...enough to make you want to hide away from everyone.....even yourself. This is where we are...my Beautiful Mom is on hospice..and I am trying to wrap my head around that word.. Hospice......such a scary word....its  the knowledge that the end is near, but never knowing when that final day will come.  The past few months we have been making every opportunity to be with her, we knew this was coming, and we were going to make as many memories with her as we could, but there will always be more memories we want to share with her. W

Our Mini Vacation in Pictures

Last weekend, my family and I packed up our car and after stopping to get our nieces, we headed to Branson, for a back-to-school mini vacay! We decided to celebrate the start of another homeschooling year, by going to an indoor water park called Grand Country! This is the 2nd time we have been there, and other then a few things that had changed since our previous trip ( we really missed the falling balloons at the fun spot party), it was just as great The following is our weekend in pictures/videos :) The girls loved the Water Park, and spent most of the time running back and forth between the slides and the lazy river (I liked the hot tub and lazy river the best). While I got sick 1/2 way through the weekend, I can honestly say that the trip was a success, and we will be returning there at the beginning of the year. We were in all need of a break from the car! I needed to visit the restroom and stretch my legs. The girls needed to dance and sing and get a little playtime in b

Sometimes showing love is as simple as...

A few ways you can show those around you how much you LOVE them!   Sometimes showing love is as simple as... calling a friend a quick hug in passing  holding your child's hand a few minutes longer  EXTRA tuck-ins at night time an encouraging text message  giving your last piece of candy away (yes, this just happened) a kiss listening to the same stories over and over again  choosing to smile and say yes when its the last thing you want to do making TIME in your day for others  sitting quietly with someone  saying a quick prayer for someone  being a bouncing board.   knowing when to give advice, and when to just listen to them  Put the phone down and look at your friend/family while talking  ask how they are doing  be supportive...no matter what! lighten their load  Showing someone you love them doesn't have to be HUGE all the time. The little things you do will show your family and friends how much they mean to you on a regular b