Skip to main content

No words

There are no words to express what we are going through...I couldn't even begin to describe the hurt that we are experiencing. 

Watching a loved one slip away, a little more with each day, is emotionally draining. 

The hardest thing is knowing that with each passing moment, it could be her last. 

I have taken to hugging her and "tucking her in" multiple times a night...because I'm so afraid that it will be the last time I get to do so. 

My sister and I have spent the night holding her hand, whispering to her that "it's ok" if she needs to go....that we "understand." 

I need to cry, but I'm afraid that once the tears start, I will not be able to recover...and we have to be strong, for mom...for the kids...for each other. 

Even though I know that I need to be strong...i'm not.

I want to curl up in my moms bed, like I did when I was scared as a child, and have her wrap her arms around me and tell me  "it's ok." 

I want her to tell me that she's "here" and there is nothing to be scared of. 

I want her to comfort me and ease my fears....instead the roles are reversed...we are comforting her, telling her that she's not alone, and that we are here for her. 

We are taking care of her....it's so hard to fathom that my sister and I have taken over the role of parent in the last few days...

I wouldn't wish this on anyone, but caring for, loving on, comforting her,  and easing her fears has been an honor. 

We have been able to show her how much she means to us. To tell her how much we love and appreciate her. It's been some of the hardest days, but also some of the sweetest. 

My mom loved us girls with all her heart....and we have been able to show that we love her with all of ours. 

Each morning with her, we are given another day to show her how much we love her and that she means the world to us. 

Those words are easy to write...they are filled with love...

The hard words are filled with doubt, fear and anger...not at God, but at the situation we are yet again facing. 

For those feelings I have no words....and that's ok...because God doesn't need to hear our words...He can see our hearts and the hurt that we are going through.

And even when it seems like we are standing alone in the middle of this storm, I can still feel His hand holding tight to mine, and I am clinging to Him. 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Having to say Goodbye

Saying good bye to someone is never easy, especially if you know that it may be the Last time you may ever see them, hug them, whisper that you Love them. You want to hold on to them forever and never let go......and then you have to leave...with that doubt in your mind, the whispered lies floating through your mind, taking root, that you were not there enough, that you didn't hug, kiss, or say you loved them enough. It's enough to crush you...enough to make you want to hide away from everyone.....even yourself. This is where we are...my Beautiful Mom is on hospice..and I am trying to wrap my head around that word.. Hospice......such a scary word....its  the knowledge that the end is near, but never knowing when that final day will come.  The past few months we have been making every opportunity to be with her, we knew this was coming, and we were going to make as many memories with her as we could, but there will always be more memories we want to share with her. W

Our Mini Vacation in Pictures

Last weekend, my family and I packed up our car and after stopping to get our nieces, we headed to Branson, for a back-to-school mini vacay! We decided to celebrate the start of another homeschooling year, by going to an indoor water park called Grand Country! This is the 2nd time we have been there, and other then a few things that had changed since our previous trip ( we really missed the falling balloons at the fun spot party), it was just as great The following is our weekend in pictures/videos :) The girls loved the Water Park, and spent most of the time running back and forth between the slides and the lazy river (I liked the hot tub and lazy river the best). While I got sick 1/2 way through the weekend, I can honestly say that the trip was a success, and we will be returning there at the beginning of the year. We were in all need of a break from the car! I needed to visit the restroom and stretch my legs. The girls needed to dance and sing and get a little playtime in b

Snow....Snow...Snow

Snow.......Snow.......Snow...... Its nowhere to be found! Christmas is 8 days away and, while it is cold outside, it doesn't really feel like Christmas in the good old state of Ill. Every morning my 10 year old daughter runs to the front window to see if the snow has started to fall,and every morning she looks at me with a small frown and tells me its "Still not snowing." She is disappointed.....but only for a  few minutes....Soon she is running around the house making plans for the day, she is talking a mile a minute, and trying her best to get her tiny dog Diego, to sit still, so she can take him out for his morning walk. Its not long before her mind turns to all the things that she can do "When" it starts to snow. "Can we go sledding, and then stop for hot chocolate and donuts, like last time" "Can we have a snowball fight,mom"? "I love the snow, don't you love the snow,mom" "Do you think I can build a