Skip to main content

Today :)


Our day started off like any other day.....me rolling out of bed as my dear husband yelling "get out of bed, I'm going to be late for work!"

As I run to my daughters room, throwing clothes on and searching for my keys at the same time, I realize that I can only find one shoe....seriously people, how on earth does a 35 year old lose one shoe!!! isn't that something a toddler does???

we finally make it out the door and into the car (with me barefoot) and drop the hubby off for work with 3 minutes to spare ( yay), make my way home and rush around and start to get my daughter dressed and ready for the day!

We were supposed to be out the door by 9am, and on our way to see my mom  in St. Peters, HOWEVER......9am comes and goes,

9:15.....

9:20.....

9:30 and we are finally walking out the door!!


In the rush of sleeping late, and running around like a mad women, chasing her little crazy chick around the house, I forgot to feed us......Thank God for Mcdonalds!!!

Its funny how crazy mornings like this can either derail your whole day or make you thankful for everything around you!

We had 2 hours to drive, so instead of being stressed and freaking out because I was running late, I decided to make the best of our morning, so I turned up  Francesca Battistelli and we started singing at the top of our lungs!!

We laughed and goofed off the whole way there, I'm sure we were a sight to see, dancing and making goofy faces to all the cars passing.


Just by making the decision to not care how my day started, and to make the best of it, we completely turned our day around. We had a great visit with my mom and sister and her family, we made some great memories and had a lots  of fun.

I could have let my stressful morning make my whole day stressed, but I chose to change my attitude and therefore I changed the outcome of our day, and if your like me, If your stressed then those you love are stressed out as well. 

Making an effort to  look at the world and everyone and thing around me,and make the most of every moment (even when you are in a crazy rush) can be the biggest game changer in your life. It  makes you pause and be thankful for each and everything.

Today I was thankful for little girl giggles, waving at the construction workers,  impromptu periscopes about traffic, holding my daughters hand as we drove across a bridge, and most importantly spending quality time with my daughter!

Things can drive us crazy, but it doesn't have to make us crazy :)

Enjoy the moments you are in, they are worth your full attention!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Having to say Goodbye

Saying good bye to someone is never easy, especially if you know that it may be the Last time you may ever see them, hug them, whisper that you Love them. You want to hold on to them forever and never let go......and then you have to leave...with that doubt in your mind, the whispered lies floating through your mind, taking root, that you were not there enough, that you didn't hug, kiss, or say you loved them enough. It's enough to crush you...enough to make you want to hide away from everyone.....even yourself. This is where we are...my Beautiful Mom is on hospice..and I am trying to wrap my head around that word.. Hospice......such a scary word....its  the knowledge that the end is near, but never knowing when that final day will come.  The past few months we have been making every opportunity to be with her, we knew this was coming, and we were going to make as many memories with her as we could, but there will always be more memories we want to share with her. ...

Bread Baking Adventure

Lets talk about bread...... I have a love/hate relationship with the stuff. I LOVE the taste of it, but I HATE what it does to me. Lately I have been on a search for healthier foods for me and my family, and since my daughter has a milk allergy, I have focusing most of my searches around what she needs the most ( or in this case what she cant have- milk based products) I have come up with a few great milk-less recipes that we love, like this Milk-less Pancake Recipe  and this awesome milk-less Muffin base that we use all the time. I love mixing up the add-in ingredients to make different muffins that my daughter can enjoy. In an attempt to know what we are putting in to our bodies, I have started making most of our snacks/meals from scratch...and while it takes a little more time and effort, I think it is worth it in the long run. I LOVE to bake, but I am not that great of a bread maker...I don't even own a bread machine! I can make pumpkin bread and sweet breads.......

For Better or For Worse

In just a few short days I will have been married to my best friend for 17 years!! The last 17 years have flown past us, and I find myself drifting back and reminiscing about our life together. This man, that I have given my heart to, that I look up to, that leads our family, that LOVES me for who I am....he is mine. For better or for worse :) A brief summary of our life together just so you can know how awesome he is. On our 1st date, I collapsed and wound up at the ER with Meningitis. He stayed with me in the ER and then came over EVER day to read to me (This is when I fell in love with him). When I wound up dehydrated and had to go get fluids, he went with me! When I freaked out because  they needed to take more blood, he held my hand (pretty sure I broke some fingers...I am TERRIFIED of needles) He stuck with me. When we got engaged and I turned into a bridezilla...Ok maybe not that bad, but I was super stressed, he just said: "whatever you want." He stuck w...