Skip to main content

Whispered Prayers



It has been a hectic few weeks....I have been back and forth to see my mom, spent some long days sitting by her bedside in a hospital room and felt, what I can only describe as, complete and utter exhaustion, creep up on me and grab hold of every aspect of my life. 

 My house is a mess.

Our car looks like I have been living in it for weeks.

I haven't unpacked.

My poor family has lived off of fast food for the last week, and I'm pretty sure they have forgotten what a home cooked meal tastes like.

I was drained, but I was also blessed.

We all have those moments when we say something, or argue about something small and then immediately regret it. Usually we can call and fix it by saying I'm sorry the next day. I had such a conversation with my mom, and unfortunately for me, when I called the next day, she was unable to carry on a conversation, and didn't know what I was talking about due to her medications. 

I was heartbroken.....I went around the house for days crying, because the last coherent conversation between me and my mom ended in an argument over something, that in retrospect, was so small.

We went to see her and it was the same...she was repeating herself and sleeping all day. I sat in her room just hoping that she would look at me with clear eyes and start talking to me.....It didn't happen. So on the day I left to come home, I hugged her and just cried telling her how much I loved her, not knowing if she understood what I was saying. 

Sunday Morning, we got the call that mom was rushed by ambulance to the ER, where she was eventually admitted to the Hospital..the whole way there, all I could think about was how I "Needed" to be able to speak to my mom and have her understand me. 

At this point, let me remind you that even prayers whispered out of  despair and grief, the ones that your heart whispers, because you are so emotionally raw that you cant speak them....these are the prayers that God hears.

My heart was so hurt, so heavy, that I couldn't even cry out what I needed, all I could do was whisper it over and over again in my heart and mind...

And My God heard my inner most fears, my doubt and my hurt, and He answered them. 

My mom was sleeping when I walked in to the ER, but when I bent down to give her a hug, she woke up and said "hi Shan!"

At first I didn't think anything of it....I started putting my purse down, pulling up a seat and settling in...then she asked me where Olivia and Dallas were, then she asked me how I was feeling, and  how she was sorry that we had to come back to see her.

I just looked at her and started crying... She laughed when I told her I was "SO glad she could talk to me"...

So in that tiny ER room we talked, and talked, and talked, and I LOVED every minuet of it.

 I got to tell her I was sorry for the argument,I  was able to hold her hand, pray for her, and have conversations that left us both laughing. We were able to "clear the air" on some issues. to put behind us past hurts. It was precious  to me, to hold her hand as she slept and to hear her say "I love you" when she woke up. 

Shes is finally home from the hospital, and is very tired, but with her medications adjusted, she is still able to talk to us, and to carry on conversations, that we didn't think she would ever be able to do again.

We still have a long road ahead of us, but if God is willing to answer a prayer that was whispered from my heart, I KNOW that He will be with us, whatever road he asks us to take. 

My house is STILL a mess...

My car STILL looks like a tornado went off in it...

and I STILL need to cook for my family...

But.....none of that matters....What matters are the smiles, the hugs, the kisses, and the conversations we are able to have with the ones we love. 

And the Peace we have in knowing that our steps are ordered by the Lord and that He has this situation under control. 

:) Shanna














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Having to say Goodbye

Saying good bye to someone is never easy, especially if you know that it may be the Last time you may ever see them, hug them, whisper that you Love them. You want to hold on to them forever and never let go......and then you have to leave...with that doubt in your mind, the whispered lies floating through your mind, taking root, that you were not there enough, that you didn't hug, kiss, or say you loved them enough. It's enough to crush you...enough to make you want to hide away from everyone.....even yourself. This is where we are...my Beautiful Mom is on hospice..and I am trying to wrap my head around that word.. Hospice......such a scary word....its  the knowledge that the end is near, but never knowing when that final day will come.  The past few months we have been making every opportunity to be with her, we knew this was coming, and we were going to make as many memories with her as we could, but there will always be more memories we want to share with her. W

Our Mini Vacation in Pictures

Last weekend, my family and I packed up our car and after stopping to get our nieces, we headed to Branson, for a back-to-school mini vacay! We decided to celebrate the start of another homeschooling year, by going to an indoor water park called Grand Country! This is the 2nd time we have been there, and other then a few things that had changed since our previous trip ( we really missed the falling balloons at the fun spot party), it was just as great The following is our weekend in pictures/videos :) The girls loved the Water Park, and spent most of the time running back and forth between the slides and the lazy river (I liked the hot tub and lazy river the best). While I got sick 1/2 way through the weekend, I can honestly say that the trip was a success, and we will be returning there at the beginning of the year. We were in all need of a break from the car! I needed to visit the restroom and stretch my legs. The girls needed to dance and sing and get a little playtime in b

Giving Up Control

Four days until our family leaves for a mini vacation to Branson.....only four days! I have actually been counting down for the last month! My hubby got the suitcase down and I have little piles of folded laundry sitting around the house, just waiting for me to pack them in the suitcase for our vacation. I am SO ready to leave! I have high expectations for this vacation. a weekend of reading, watching my daughter and nieces have fun at the indoor water park at Grand Country , and spending some quality time with my hubby! I have lists of what needs to be done, what should be packed and in which bags, and I have already picked out some new books that I really want to read while I relax! I have it all planned out! I know I'm not the only one who packs way a head of time, has great expectations of what the days ahead will hold for them and their family and drives everyone around them crazy while they are in "preparing mode"...at least I hope I am not the onl