Skip to main content

Embracing The Messy

loving to write, and actually having something to write about are two different things.

I have sat down and stared at a blank computer screen, wishing that all the thought swirling around in my head could come together into something cohesive that you would want to read. and yet nothing would come.

Oh I have a TON of thoughts, a ton of new ideas, and a ton of lessons that I have learned in the last few months, that I could have written about...but none of them were what I wanted to write about. nothing that would inspire anyone to change, or lift someones spirits.

Sigh...

So what do you do, when you have nothing that you want to say?

Me, I try to dig deeper. pull out the broom and sweep away the cobwebs that are cluttering up my mind and heart. Ask the Lord for Wisdom, and then sit back down, and try again.

My 1st goal when starting a blog was to be transparent, to let my raw emotions be available in case someone else was walking the same path we were, and needed to know that they were not walking alone.

so here goes...

Life is hard.

Life is messy.

Life NEVER goes the way we plan it.

Life can get hectic.

Life is GOOD.


The past few months, to say the least have been hard, messy, hectic, and NEVER went the way I planned it.

I was working a part-time job, trying to run a business, homeschooling, attempting to shop for grocery's and keep the home looking halfway decent,and trying to make my family a priority...all the while telling myself to "keep it together."

In reality I never had it all together. I was constantly playing catch up in one area of my life or another.  

I was a mess!

but like so many other perfectionist out there, I thought I could handle it all on my own. I didn't need any help, because what I needed to do, could only be done by me.

Yep...I was that crazy.

1st of all, that's not how life works. God gives us a helpmate in our spouses, they are here to help lessen our loads. They are also wise and tell us when we should let something go. In my case, my hubby tells me when I have too much on my plate, and that I need to figure out what is important and work on that.

Which can be hard for me, since I think EVERYTHING is important and needs to be worked on all at the SAME time!

Did I mention that I "might" be a perfectionist?

When I look around the house and see that while the house is "clean" its just not "My Clean", which is basically means it wasn't done the way I would have done it. This means that I need to let go of the idea that my home will ever be perfect, after all we do live/work/school here! And as hard as it may be, I have to learn to be thankful that it is just cleaned...no matter if I would have put the books back  a certain way, and there may be a a little clutter left on the coffee table.

I need to learn to be content.

Content in my crazy life!

Content in the fact that I have a home and a family that loves to laugh and spend time together.

I need to realize that a game night is more important then making sure the house is spotless.

I need to embrace this messy life that is all mine.

I'm setting out on a journey that will allow me to embrace my own crazy, without going crazy.

Letting go of clutter, and living in the moment.

So this is me....making a commitment to be real, to be raw, to live in the moment, and  allowing myself to be messy :)



















 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Having to say Goodbye

Saying good bye to someone is never easy, especially if you know that it may be the Last time you may ever see them, hug them, whisper that you Love them. You want to hold on to them forever and never let go......and then you have to leave...with that doubt in your mind, the whispered lies floating through your mind, taking root, that you were not there enough, that you didn't hug, kiss, or say you loved them enough. It's enough to crush you...enough to make you want to hide away from everyone.....even yourself. This is where we are...my Beautiful Mom is on hospice..and I am trying to wrap my head around that word.. Hospice......such a scary word....its  the knowledge that the end is near, but never knowing when that final day will come.  The past few months we have been making every opportunity to be with her, we knew this was coming, and we were going to make as many memories with her as we could, but there will always be more memories we want to share with her. W

Our Mini Vacation in Pictures

Last weekend, my family and I packed up our car and after stopping to get our nieces, we headed to Branson, for a back-to-school mini vacay! We decided to celebrate the start of another homeschooling year, by going to an indoor water park called Grand Country! This is the 2nd time we have been there, and other then a few things that had changed since our previous trip ( we really missed the falling balloons at the fun spot party), it was just as great The following is our weekend in pictures/videos :) The girls loved the Water Park, and spent most of the time running back and forth between the slides and the lazy river (I liked the hot tub and lazy river the best). While I got sick 1/2 way through the weekend, I can honestly say that the trip was a success, and we will be returning there at the beginning of the year. We were in all need of a break from the car! I needed to visit the restroom and stretch my legs. The girls needed to dance and sing and get a little playtime in b

Sometimes showing love is as simple as...

A few ways you can show those around you how much you LOVE them!   Sometimes showing love is as simple as... calling a friend a quick hug in passing  holding your child's hand a few minutes longer  EXTRA tuck-ins at night time an encouraging text message  giving your last piece of candy away (yes, this just happened) a kiss listening to the same stories over and over again  choosing to smile and say yes when its the last thing you want to do making TIME in your day for others  sitting quietly with someone  saying a quick prayer for someone  being a bouncing board.   knowing when to give advice, and when to just listen to them  Put the phone down and look at your friend/family while talking  ask how they are doing  be supportive...no matter what! lighten their load  Showing someone you love them doesn't have to be HUGE all the time. The little things you do will show your family and friends how much they mean to you on a regular b