Skip to main content

Monday Musings....on a Thursday



Its been a Monday of a Thursday.

Today is day 7 of sitting and keeping my leg elevated in an attempt to let it heal...let me tell you something, sitting around and doing nothing is not all it is cracked up to be. you could say it is downright BORING!

I mean, seriously how many Netflix shows can you watch without going stir crazy?
Turns out for me it's only FIVE!

Sitting also makes it hard for you not to take stock of everything around you...like the dust that seems to be waiving at you from your piano...I know it's saying " look at me, I'm just sitting here and you cant do anything about it."

I think it will be saying something different tomorrow when cranking up "The Greatest Showman" soundtrack and give my daughter a dust rag and set her loose in the living room!

Does dust talk??

Anyway...I digress.

I think the issue is that I can't stand idleness...I have become so accustomed to being busy all the time, that I can't stand being still. the thought of doing nothing actually overwhelms me.

and yet, REST is good for the soul.

It says so in the bible.

Psalm 46:10
 “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”
  
~Exodus 33:14
 My presence shall go with you, and I will give you rest.

~Psalm 62:1-2
My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.


and Jeremiah 6:16
Thus says the LORD:”Stand by the roads, and look, and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is; and walk in it, and find rest for your souls. 

God WANTS us to find rest in Him. but how can we find rest, if everything around us is going at 100 miles an hour?  If I cant see what is around me because I am running around like crazy, then maybe I need to slam on the brakes and just sit and be STILL. 

This week has taught me that even if I am unable to be busy it's not all that bad. I am getting to spend extra time with my family and even if it is the last thing I want to be doing, I am learning how to be STILL.

Which surprisingly very hard for me to do. 


 for now I am going to focus on diving deeper into my bible reading, spend more time being silly with my daughter (she has made me laugh so hard this week), spend time working on my oil business, write more in my journal, and start chapter 11 of my book, and just rest. Rest my leg, rest my body, rest my brain, and rest my hurting heart. 

Just Rest...which has been good for me, even if it has been hard. but it has also let me realize that I am blessed beyond measure. 

I have a wonderful family, who loves me even if I am going crazy and I "may" whine every now and then. 

They bring me cupcakes when I have had a bad day. 

They keep me smiling even when all I want to do is cry. 

They make it harder for me to have a pity party, for which I am thankful.

Being still has opened up my eyes as to all my family does for me. My hubby has become the cleaner, short order cook, chauffeur for my daughter and a human crutch for me :) he has helped me more then I think he knows, and it has made me LOVE him more.

So that's it for my Monday musings on today which is a Thursday.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Having to say Goodbye

Saying good bye to someone is never easy, especially if you know that it may be the Last time you may ever see them, hug them, whisper that you Love them. You want to hold on to them forever and never let go......and then you have to leave...with that doubt in your mind, the whispered lies floating through your mind, taking root, that you were not there enough, that you didn't hug, kiss, or say you loved them enough. It's enough to crush you...enough to make you want to hide away from everyone.....even yourself. This is where we are...my Beautiful Mom is on hospice..and I am trying to wrap my head around that word.. Hospice......such a scary word....its  the knowledge that the end is near, but never knowing when that final day will come.  The past few months we have been making every opportunity to be with her, we knew this was coming, and we were going to make as many memories with her as we could, but there will always be more memories we want to share with her. W

Our Mini Vacation in Pictures

Last weekend, my family and I packed up our car and after stopping to get our nieces, we headed to Branson, for a back-to-school mini vacay! We decided to celebrate the start of another homeschooling year, by going to an indoor water park called Grand Country! This is the 2nd time we have been there, and other then a few things that had changed since our previous trip ( we really missed the falling balloons at the fun spot party), it was just as great The following is our weekend in pictures/videos :) The girls loved the Water Park, and spent most of the time running back and forth between the slides and the lazy river (I liked the hot tub and lazy river the best). While I got sick 1/2 way through the weekend, I can honestly say that the trip was a success, and we will be returning there at the beginning of the year. We were in all need of a break from the car! I needed to visit the restroom and stretch my legs. The girls needed to dance and sing and get a little playtime in b

Giving Up Control

Four days until our family leaves for a mini vacation to Branson.....only four days! I have actually been counting down for the last month! My hubby got the suitcase down and I have little piles of folded laundry sitting around the house, just waiting for me to pack them in the suitcase for our vacation. I am SO ready to leave! I have high expectations for this vacation. a weekend of reading, watching my daughter and nieces have fun at the indoor water park at Grand Country , and spending some quality time with my hubby! I have lists of what needs to be done, what should be packed and in which bags, and I have already picked out some new books that I really want to read while I relax! I have it all planned out! I know I'm not the only one who packs way a head of time, has great expectations of what the days ahead will hold for them and their family and drives everyone around them crazy while they are in "preparing mode"...at least I hope I am not the onl