Skip to main content

10 things I learned This Week

10 things I Learned This Week!


1. I am not the best driver in the world...even though I think that I am. Apparently the people in the surrounding cars, with that look of absolute horror on their face would beg to differ and would appreciate a warning the next time I decide to take a drive.

2. I dont have house elves....this actually surprised me. I mean there must be someone else besides me that picks up, but alas there is none. When something gets dropped on the floor and I am not magically there to pick it up, the same item will lay on the floor until I turn into a monster and demand that it be picked up. I really must look in to getting a magical creature to live in my home.

3. My family thinks I am crazy...ok to be honest, I already knew this..but I look at it like this, I may be crazy, and do crazy stuff, but they have to keep loving me...lol they are my family!

4. My hubby lets me makes mistakes, even though he wants to scream "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING," because he knows that I am the type of person how needs to learn from experience, and he is always there to pick me up when my GRAND plan doesn't work out the way I had "envisioned it."

5. I am BLESSED!!! I already knew this one as well, but I am continually amazed at how God blesses me and my family on a daily basis. Just today we had a "God Thing" happen, right when we needed it. Truly AMAZING!

6.My home will never be spotless...I have given up on that dream. I would love to have the type of home that is always "company ready" but what I have decided to settle on is a home that is "friend ready" instead. my friend know that I homeschool, they know that I work part time outside the home, and that my hubby and I run our Oil business as well...they are OK with a little bit of clutter, an un-swept floor, and the chaos that is sometimes my home. I would rather my home be "friend ready" then living in a home that is ready for "company" but not lived in. so if you are friends, stop by anytime, if you are "company" please give me a few hours notice!!

7. I am a list/calendar type of girl...with out my to do list, I feel lost. If something doesn't make it on the calendar then it doesn't get done. my brain is crazy like that! so if you see me with multiple lists you can assume that my life is in order and I am not going crazy, even though I am pretty sure that is what it looks like :)

8. I love to write...I have multiple stories that I have started (and need to finish), so when my daughter asked me if she could write a book as part of her schooling this summer (yes we school off and on during the summer months, it works best for us) I was so excited!! she is very creative and has been writing short stories, and scripts for a few years,  and I cant wait to see what she thinks up in the next few months!

9. I need "reading/writing time" in my life. I find that when I am over stressed that simply sitting down to write or read a book recharges me more so then sitting and watching a movie. we put a chair just for me in our bedroom, and I love escaping and sitting in the quiet with my books/writing pad and just resting. I need to carve out time for this to happen daily. Making sure that I am recharged and not running on empty is something new to me. I usually and working hard to make sure everything is done, but I know that it wears me down, stresses me out and then no one wants to be around me. these few moments of me time, not only helps me, but helps those who I interact with daily! I had to learn that it was OK for me to tell my loved one that I needed to be alone.

10. Lastly and most importantly......Grace is NEVER ending. Not only the grace that God gives me on a daily (OK, sometimes its hourly) basis, but also the grace that we extend to others and to ourselves. Gods grace is perfect, and while I am in no way perfect, I still strive to be like Christ, and in order to be like Him, I must give grace like Him. I wont lie, it can be hard, and I fail at it daily.It is important to show others the grace that God has given us. I have had to take a deep breath and calm my own heart, before I can offer Grace to others. I am a work in progress, and I am OK with that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Having to say Goodbye

Saying good bye to someone is never easy, especially if you know that it may be the Last time you may ever see them, hug them, whisper that you Love them. You want to hold on to them forever and never let go......and then you have to leave...with that doubt in your mind, the whispered lies floating through your mind, taking root, that you were not there enough, that you didn't hug, kiss, or say you loved them enough. It's enough to crush you...enough to make you want to hide away from everyone.....even yourself. This is where we are...my Beautiful Mom is on hospice..and I am trying to wrap my head around that word.. Hospice......such a scary word....its  the knowledge that the end is near, but never knowing when that final day will come.  The past few months we have been making every opportunity to be with her, we knew this was coming, and we were going to make as many memories with her as we could, but there will always be more memories we want to share with her. W

Our Mini Vacation in Pictures

Last weekend, my family and I packed up our car and after stopping to get our nieces, we headed to Branson, for a back-to-school mini vacay! We decided to celebrate the start of another homeschooling year, by going to an indoor water park called Grand Country! This is the 2nd time we have been there, and other then a few things that had changed since our previous trip ( we really missed the falling balloons at the fun spot party), it was just as great The following is our weekend in pictures/videos :) The girls loved the Water Park, and spent most of the time running back and forth between the slides and the lazy river (I liked the hot tub and lazy river the best). While I got sick 1/2 way through the weekend, I can honestly say that the trip was a success, and we will be returning there at the beginning of the year. We were in all need of a break from the car! I needed to visit the restroom and stretch my legs. The girls needed to dance and sing and get a little playtime in b

Sometimes showing love is as simple as...

A few ways you can show those around you how much you LOVE them!   Sometimes showing love is as simple as... calling a friend a quick hug in passing  holding your child's hand a few minutes longer  EXTRA tuck-ins at night time an encouraging text message  giving your last piece of candy away (yes, this just happened) a kiss listening to the same stories over and over again  choosing to smile and say yes when its the last thing you want to do making TIME in your day for others  sitting quietly with someone  saying a quick prayer for someone  being a bouncing board.   knowing when to give advice, and when to just listen to them  Put the phone down and look at your friend/family while talking  ask how they are doing  be supportive...no matter what! lighten their load  Showing someone you love them doesn't have to be HUGE all the time. The little things you do will show your family and friends how much they mean to you on a regular b