Skip to main content

How we do it....Homeschooling on a day when this mama is sick!


We left for vacation on Friday, I started getting sick on Saturday :( we opted to stay and finish out our mini vacation, and I am so glad we did. Check out how our trip went here!

Since we have been home though, I have been taking it easy, attempting to get better. I have been oiling up and taking OTC cough med's, and while I am starting to feel better, school this week has been a little unorthodox! but we got it done... and that is what matters the most :)

Monday we were technically still on vacation, and since I was sick in bed and Dallas was off of work, we let Olivia take the day off as well. We all spent the day relaxing and recouping from vacation (seriously am I the only one who needs to recoup after a relaxing vacation?).

Tuesday, I was still sick, but I crawled from my comfy bed and made it to the recliner in the living room. My little girl, who wanted another day off, was less then excited for school to start back up, but even homeschooler's need to stick to some kind of schedule ( at least these homeschooler's need to ). She brought all her school work to the couch, and while I sat next to her in the recliner she completed all her school work and was done in record time.

Usually we are at the table in the kitchen, working on her school work, but when you are sick and your child is not...ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Tuesday night I thought I was getting better and we would be back to normal schooling on Wednesday....however that was not to be. I slept in a little, and when I finaly got up, showered and got dressed into new jammies (when your sick, jammies are perfectly acceptable day clothes), I was ready to go back to bed. So we did what we did yesterday....We used our living room as a school room!

Olivia is finishing up her last subject for the day, other then her typing lesson, and then she will be done. It took a little longer to finish school work today, because we got a late start, but all in all it was a great school day for our family.

This is not the norm, and I am sure I will get tired of this "type' of schooling, but for now, while I am sick, I am OK with it!

 I  LOVE the flexibility that homeschooling gives us.

So that's it in a nutshell, how we home school while this mama is sick :) 


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Having to say Goodbye

Saying good bye to someone is never easy, especially if you know that it may be the Last time you may ever see them, hug them, whisper that you Love them. You want to hold on to them forever and never let go......and then you have to leave...with that doubt in your mind, the whispered lies floating through your mind, taking root, that you were not there enough, that you didn't hug, kiss, or say you loved them enough. It's enough to crush you...enough to make you want to hide away from everyone.....even yourself. This is where we are...my Beautiful Mom is on hospice..and I am trying to wrap my head around that word.. Hospice......such a scary word....its  the knowledge that the end is near, but never knowing when that final day will come.  The past few months we have been making every opportunity to be with her, we knew this was coming, and we were going to make as many memories with her as we could, but there will always be more memories we want to share with her. ...

Bread Baking Adventure

Lets talk about bread...... I have a love/hate relationship with the stuff. I LOVE the taste of it, but I HATE what it does to me. Lately I have been on a search for healthier foods for me and my family, and since my daughter has a milk allergy, I have focusing most of my searches around what she needs the most ( or in this case what she cant have- milk based products) I have come up with a few great milk-less recipes that we love, like this Milk-less Pancake Recipe  and this awesome milk-less Muffin base that we use all the time. I love mixing up the add-in ingredients to make different muffins that my daughter can enjoy. In an attempt to know what we are putting in to our bodies, I have started making most of our snacks/meals from scratch...and while it takes a little more time and effort, I think it is worth it in the long run. I LOVE to bake, but I am not that great of a bread maker...I don't even own a bread machine! I can make pumpkin bread and sweet breads.......

For Better or For Worse

In just a few short days I will have been married to my best friend for 17 years!! The last 17 years have flown past us, and I find myself drifting back and reminiscing about our life together. This man, that I have given my heart to, that I look up to, that leads our family, that LOVES me for who I am....he is mine. For better or for worse :) A brief summary of our life together just so you can know how awesome he is. On our 1st date, I collapsed and wound up at the ER with Meningitis. He stayed with me in the ER and then came over EVER day to read to me (This is when I fell in love with him). When I wound up dehydrated and had to go get fluids, he went with me! When I freaked out because  they needed to take more blood, he held my hand (pretty sure I broke some fingers...I am TERRIFIED of needles) He stuck with me. When we got engaged and I turned into a bridezilla...Ok maybe not that bad, but I was super stressed, he just said: "whatever you want." He stuck w...