Skip to main content

Flu Bug and Shopping

The flu bug has hit my family....my daughter got it first, and just as we were celebrating her 1st day of being fever free...it hit me.

It hit hard.

I had cold chills followed by hot flashes, a sore throat that felt like I was swallowing razor blades every time I attempted to drink or eat. My body ached and I couldn't for the life of me get comfortable, which made it nearly impossible for me to sleep.

My family rallied around me and has been amazing in taking care of me. My hubby has made food runs, cleaned the kitchen, and basically has done everything that I have asked of him. He even took her to her Ice Skating lessons so I wouldn't have to get out. I LOVE that man...poor guy has started to have a cough and sneeze issues...please say a prayer he doesn't get this. My Daughter has also been a great help. She has kept the house straight, made me cards, given me hugs right when I needed them the most. mostly she has just been here...making me feel better as much as she can, and I love her for that :)

Today, I woke up bright and early (read, I was unable to sleep due to my body feeling like it was bruised) to the thought that, while I have been sick and resting, I forgot that I DIDN'T go shopping like I meant to the day before I got sick. I was cleaning the church and decided that I could shop on Sunday after church. Needless to say...I didn't get out of bed on Sunday, and that means I didn't go shopping.

Which means....

There is NO food in my home!

OK, back up...there is food, but you would have to pop it in the oven, or crock pot, not something I want to do when I am sick. We are out of the fresh foods like fruit and veggies. We have no Cheese, and we are almost out of milk and water.

My hubby offered to go to the store, but since I keep my list in my head, and adjust what I want as I shop, its just easier for me to do the shopping.and it is time for me to go shopping. even if I am sick, even if I look like a dead person, and even if its the last thing I want to do! Its time.

I wrote all of this to let you know, if you see me at the store today, Just pretend I am dressed up as the "Flu Bug" and give me a wide berth. trust me you do NOT want this.

Happy Halloween Everyone. Stay safe, Stay warm, and have FUN.

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Having to say Goodbye

Saying good bye to someone is never easy, especially if you know that it may be the Last time you may ever see them, hug them, whisper that you Love them. You want to hold on to them forever and never let go......and then you have to leave...with that doubt in your mind, the whispered lies floating through your mind, taking root, that you were not there enough, that you didn't hug, kiss, or say you loved them enough. It's enough to crush you...enough to make you want to hide away from everyone.....even yourself. This is where we are...my Beautiful Mom is on hospice..and I am trying to wrap my head around that word.. Hospice......such a scary word....its  the knowledge that the end is near, but never knowing when that final day will come.  The past few months we have been making every opportunity to be with her, we knew this was coming, and we were going to make as many memories with her as we could, but there will always be more memories we want to share with her. ...

Bread Baking Adventure

Lets talk about bread...... I have a love/hate relationship with the stuff. I LOVE the taste of it, but I HATE what it does to me. Lately I have been on a search for healthier foods for me and my family, and since my daughter has a milk allergy, I have focusing most of my searches around what she needs the most ( or in this case what she cant have- milk based products) I have come up with a few great milk-less recipes that we love, like this Milk-less Pancake Recipe  and this awesome milk-less Muffin base that we use all the time. I love mixing up the add-in ingredients to make different muffins that my daughter can enjoy. In an attempt to know what we are putting in to our bodies, I have started making most of our snacks/meals from scratch...and while it takes a little more time and effort, I think it is worth it in the long run. I LOVE to bake, but I am not that great of a bread maker...I don't even own a bread machine! I can make pumpkin bread and sweet breads.......

For Better or For Worse

In just a few short days I will have been married to my best friend for 17 years!! The last 17 years have flown past us, and I find myself drifting back and reminiscing about our life together. This man, that I have given my heart to, that I look up to, that leads our family, that LOVES me for who I am....he is mine. For better or for worse :) A brief summary of our life together just so you can know how awesome he is. On our 1st date, I collapsed and wound up at the ER with Meningitis. He stayed with me in the ER and then came over EVER day to read to me (This is when I fell in love with him). When I wound up dehydrated and had to go get fluids, he went with me! When I freaked out because  they needed to take more blood, he held my hand (pretty sure I broke some fingers...I am TERRIFIED of needles) He stuck with me. When we got engaged and I turned into a bridezilla...Ok maybe not that bad, but I was super stressed, he just said: "whatever you want." He stuck w...