Skip to main content

I am blessed

It is almost midnight and I am so ready for bed! As I sit here and contemplate if I have enough energy to walk from the living room to my bedroom to change clothes, I realize that I really dont care.  I will more then likely end up crawling into bed, not caring about the fact that I am still wearing my work clothes....Please tell me that I am not the only person who does this.

Tonight was a long night....I had a less then perfect shift at my part time job...which made me cranky, and no one likes me when I am cranky! Seriously,  I dont even like me when I'm cranky!

I was feeling overwhelmed by my job,and I was to the point that I wanted to leave my shift early...yeah that's how well my night was going! I try to put my best foot forward in everything, and I have been looking for blessings in others and in the situations I find myself in, but tonight,....I just couldn't find ANY

Until I came home, that is...My family knew I was having a less then stellar night, and my hubby was waiting outside for me when I drove up, and as I was walking up to the door, my daughter ran out to give me "4 hugs!"

After the night I had, I needed all the hugs she would give me.

Sometimes I wonder if God allows us to go through bad nights, just so we can realize how blessed we are. Maybe tonight's frustration was nothing more then God reminding me that He has given me an amazing family and that I should be thankful for them.

Maybe this is His way of telling me to stop looking for blessings in everything else and start seeing the ones He has placed right in front of me.

How many times do we look elsewhere for what we think we want or need, only to find out that what we truly wanted and needed had been in front of us the whole time.

My family is a blessing...a Blessing that we almost lost apart of a few weeks ago.  My husband, who is only 35, had a heart attack, and while I watched him fighting to breathe, and I saw the nurses  scrambling to help him, I stood there helpless. There was my husband, my best friend, my love, my soul mate, laying on an ER bed, having a heart attack, and the only thing running through my mind was "you are going to lose him."

I have NEVER been that scared in my life.  Even now, the memory of that moment, makes me cry. The fear is still there....it is ever present. Anytime I hear his breath catch, I stop and wait to make sure he takes another breath. I lay awake at night listing to make sure he is OK. I dont know how long this will go on, and my husband has told me "not to worry," but I do.  And I will. For a long time to come, because the thought of facing life with out this man beside me, terrifies me.

And yet, I am blessed.

I know this to be true, because I know with out a shadow of a doubt, that they only thing that saved my husband from the "widow maker" heart attack he had, was the hand of God. So many people were praying for him, and I know that every prayer lifted to heaven in behalf of my husband, was heard.

I am blessed.


The last few weeks have been hard, we are adjusting to a new normal, a new lifestyle, and we as a family have all been a little stressed, to say the least...and then there was tonight, where God allowed me to see what was right in front of me. My blessings, My loves, My family.

I am blessed.















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Having to say Goodbye

Saying good bye to someone is never easy, especially if you know that it may be the Last time you may ever see them, hug them, whisper that you Love them. You want to hold on to them forever and never let go......and then you have to leave...with that doubt in your mind, the whispered lies floating through your mind, taking root, that you were not there enough, that you didn't hug, kiss, or say you loved them enough. It's enough to crush you...enough to make you want to hide away from everyone.....even yourself. This is where we are...my Beautiful Mom is on hospice..and I am trying to wrap my head around that word.. Hospice......such a scary word....its  the knowledge that the end is near, but never knowing when that final day will come.  The past few months we have been making every opportunity to be with her, we knew this was coming, and we were going to make as many memories with her as we could, but there will always be more memories we want to share with her. ...

Bread Baking Adventure

Lets talk about bread...... I have a love/hate relationship with the stuff. I LOVE the taste of it, but I HATE what it does to me. Lately I have been on a search for healthier foods for me and my family, and since my daughter has a milk allergy, I have focusing most of my searches around what she needs the most ( or in this case what she cant have- milk based products) I have come up with a few great milk-less recipes that we love, like this Milk-less Pancake Recipe  and this awesome milk-less Muffin base that we use all the time. I love mixing up the add-in ingredients to make different muffins that my daughter can enjoy. In an attempt to know what we are putting in to our bodies, I have started making most of our snacks/meals from scratch...and while it takes a little more time and effort, I think it is worth it in the long run. I LOVE to bake, but I am not that great of a bread maker...I don't even own a bread machine! I can make pumpkin bread and sweet breads.......

For Better or For Worse

In just a few short days I will have been married to my best friend for 17 years!! The last 17 years have flown past us, and I find myself drifting back and reminiscing about our life together. This man, that I have given my heart to, that I look up to, that leads our family, that LOVES me for who I am....he is mine. For better or for worse :) A brief summary of our life together just so you can know how awesome he is. On our 1st date, I collapsed and wound up at the ER with Meningitis. He stayed with me in the ER and then came over EVER day to read to me (This is when I fell in love with him). When I wound up dehydrated and had to go get fluids, he went with me! When I freaked out because  they needed to take more blood, he held my hand (pretty sure I broke some fingers...I am TERRIFIED of needles) He stuck with me. When we got engaged and I turned into a bridezilla...Ok maybe not that bad, but I was super stressed, he just said: "whatever you want." He stuck w...