Skip to main content

Good Night

It has taken me a few days to put words to how I feel..

I have started and stopped this post, more times then I can count.

Just saying the words "my mom is gone" is hard.

For some reason I was still holding out for a miracle....I kept watching for signs that she was getting better...even when my eyes were showing me, and my head was telling me she was slipping away...I still kept looking...my heart was not ready to "see" what was in front of me. 

The last few days with mom were some of the hardest I have ever went through, and I wish that no one has to go through it. 

Some memories will never be written down, they are just for the few that were there, the ones who witnessed them and were a part of them.

Other memories will be told countless times, to friends and family, they will make us smile and warm our hearts..those are the memories I will hold on to. 

They will be the ones I write down...

At 7:59 p.m. on Saturday, January 9th, my beautiful Mom took her last breath and closed her eyes to this world. She was surrounded by her 3 daughters and the last thing she heard was us whispering "we love you." 

It was peaceful....for her. Which is what matters the most. 

For us girls, it was like a ripping of our hearts. 

We had prepared ourselves for this, or at least we thought  we had...but in reality, nothing can prepare you for watching a loved one die...no matter how long you are given to say goodbye. It is never enough time.

My mom touched so many lives. People she had only known for a year were coming to see her, telling us how big of an impact she had had on their lives...in such a short time. 

Those blessed to know her, knew she was  a kind, funny, crazy lady that could make a friend anywhere. she would (and did) give you the shirt off her back. She made everyone feel like they were special and that she loved them...and she did.

She had a heart for ministry and this showed in her everyday life. She loved bringing people to church and telling them about God. There are workers at Walmart who come up to me EVERYTIME we are there to ask about mom, and to tell me how much they miss her since she moved away. She started these friendships by asking them to church. 

I have yet to tell them of her passing...as if by telling one more person, would make it seem any less real. 

My family has let me "hide" in the house these past few days. I've had contact with a few close friends, but my husband has been taking my phone calls and has been keeping me sane  by keeping the house straight, and making late night trips to steak and shake for white chocolate shakes. 

I'm not ready to a face a world where both my parents are gone.

I'm not sure when I will be ready to face that...for now I am taking it one day at a time.

Until then my family and friends are helping me cope and even on occasion bringing a smile to my face :) 
My mom had taken to saying "Goodnight", instead of saying goodbye....when I asked her why, she said she couldn't bare to say goodbye to us. So regardless of the time, she would say "goodnight" whenever I would hang up the phone, or when I would say I was running to the store, but would be right back, she would always say "goodnight"


"Good Night" 

It's so much better then saying good bye...goodbye has such a "ending" to it...it is so final.

Good Night, to me, means I'll see you in the morning!

To me it's a promise. 

It's a promise that one day soon, we will all be in heaven...Mom and Dad have already finished their race and have received their reward. 

They are where we long to be, where we spend our whole life reaching for. One day we will hear the same words they heard.

"Well done" 

And we will rejoice with them. 

I may not see you tomorrow morning Mom, but I will see you again.

 So when we see you, for the last time, here on this Earth, I won't say goodbye...

I'll say good night.  

Love you more then words can say.

Until we meet again....Good Night Mama! 













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Having to say Goodbye

Saying good bye to someone is never easy, especially if you know that it may be the Last time you may ever see them, hug them, whisper that you Love them. You want to hold on to them forever and never let go......and then you have to leave...with that doubt in your mind, the whispered lies floating through your mind, taking root, that you were not there enough, that you didn't hug, kiss, or say you loved them enough. It's enough to crush you...enough to make you want to hide away from everyone.....even yourself. This is where we are...my Beautiful Mom is on hospice..and I am trying to wrap my head around that word.. Hospice......such a scary word....its  the knowledge that the end is near, but never knowing when that final day will come.  The past few months we have been making every opportunity to be with her, we knew this was coming, and we were going to make as many memories with her as we could, but there will always be more memories we want to share with her. ...

Bread Baking Adventure

Lets talk about bread...... I have a love/hate relationship with the stuff. I LOVE the taste of it, but I HATE what it does to me. Lately I have been on a search for healthier foods for me and my family, and since my daughter has a milk allergy, I have focusing most of my searches around what she needs the most ( or in this case what she cant have- milk based products) I have come up with a few great milk-less recipes that we love, like this Milk-less Pancake Recipe  and this awesome milk-less Muffin base that we use all the time. I love mixing up the add-in ingredients to make different muffins that my daughter can enjoy. In an attempt to know what we are putting in to our bodies, I have started making most of our snacks/meals from scratch...and while it takes a little more time and effort, I think it is worth it in the long run. I LOVE to bake, but I am not that great of a bread maker...I don't even own a bread machine! I can make pumpkin bread and sweet breads.......

For Better or For Worse

In just a few short days I will have been married to my best friend for 17 years!! The last 17 years have flown past us, and I find myself drifting back and reminiscing about our life together. This man, that I have given my heart to, that I look up to, that leads our family, that LOVES me for who I am....he is mine. For better or for worse :) A brief summary of our life together just so you can know how awesome he is. On our 1st date, I collapsed and wound up at the ER with Meningitis. He stayed with me in the ER and then came over EVER day to read to me (This is when I fell in love with him). When I wound up dehydrated and had to go get fluids, he went with me! When I freaked out because  they needed to take more blood, he held my hand (pretty sure I broke some fingers...I am TERRIFIED of needles) He stuck with me. When we got engaged and I turned into a bridezilla...Ok maybe not that bad, but I was super stressed, he just said: "whatever you want." He stuck w...