Friday, February 5, 2016

Between the Blinks

I have been sick for the last few days, so blogging has taken a bit of a backseat..

I wrote this awhile back, but was reminded again about how fast things change, and how quickly my daughter is growing up. it can be overwhelming when I look and instead of my baby crawling around the house, I see my little girl turning into a beautiful young lady...one I am so proud of.

Every now and then I need to be reminded to "live" between the blinks, and to make each one of them count.


Between the Blinks 



I blinked…that is all I did, nothing special...just a blink.

And 10 years were gone.

My baby who was so small and helpless is now a beautiful little girl, so curious about the world around her.

Wanting to try everything (except food) new! She wants to explore, to help others, to be something great!

And all I want her to do, is sit on my lap and let me hold her for just one minute longer, to whisper I love you and hear her sweet voice say it back to me.




I want to re-watch every moment of her life…to be able to see her learn to walk, hear her 1st words again, to just be able to recapture her early years!

While I know that what I want is unattainable, I am realizing that it will happen again all too soon.


 I will blink and she will be graduating high school, learning to drive, finding love, getting married, and having her own family.

It’s all just a Blink away!

 I can’t change it, no matter how hard I try.

What I can change is what I do between the blinks! I can make memories that will last a life time. 

 Memories that she will share with her children just like I share with her about my mom and dad. 


Memories filled with laughter and love. Memories filled with family dinners and game nights. 

Memories of spending time at our church as a family! Memories that remind her that no matter where she is, she is always loved.

That’s all I can do, it is my greatest responsibility, my calling, because I am a MOM :) 





















 


A Wise Woman Builds Her Home

No comments:

Post a Comment